Page 1 of 2
This website introduces:
The objectives of Semantic Information Modeling are to enable:
- Interoperability of systems and information integration, through
System independent information models.
A standardized formal language for expressing information, knowledge, requirements as well as queries and responses.
A universal data exchange format.
Natural language independency and automated translation.
- Applying logic reasoning on data, knowledge and requirements, for
Enabling intelligent searching by applying logic reasoning.
Supporting computer augmented design, fabrication and maintenance.
Enabling computer augmented verification of requirements.
Registered users have access to
- A wiki guide on the development of Semantic Information Models and data exchange messages, such as queries and responses, in formal languages using the Gellish Semantic Modeling Methodology.
The webshop offers:
- Taxonomic Dictionary-Ontology
The taxonomic dictionary-ontology of Formal English and Formal Dutch can be purchased and downloaded, together with a search engine application and a user guide. The software can be installed on Windows PC's to search for terms and relation types and to navigate through the network of related concepts.
The data consists of the concepts, vocabulary and definitions that define Formal English or Formal Dutch (Formeel Nederlands). The data can be imported in database system to enable the management of terminology and the guidance of the process of creating and interpreting messages in the formal language.
- The book 'Semantic Information Modeling Methodology' describes a systematic approach for creating information models, knowledge models, requirements models and definition models, while using formal languages. The book is illustrated with many practical examples.
- The book 'Semantic Information Modeling Language' explains how the formal languages of the Gellish family are defined and how they can be extended in such a way that the languages enable universal information exchange and interoperability of systems.
Also available as eBook:
- The book 'Formalized Natural Languages', Definition and Application of Universal Information Modeling Languages' (2014). This is the 2nd edition of 'Gellish, a Generic Extensible Ontological Language' (2005); PhD, Delft University of Technology.
- The book 'Taxonomic Dictionary of Relations' provides definitions of kinds of relations and their denoting phrases and inverse phrases. The relation types form the core of the definition of the Gellish Family of Formal Languages. The relation types are also suitable to be used as standard kinds of relations (properties) in RDF/OWL based data exchange (also available in Dutch.)
- Licenses for the Gellish Semantic Modeling Methodology and for the Formal English language definition, giving:
- The latest versions of the basic Ontology and Taxonomic Dictionaries
- The protected part of the knowledge base and Wiki
- Free of charge access to the purchasable documents
- 10% reduction on the purchasable software
- Help desk support for a maximum of 10 '10 minute' requests per year
- Processing of 10 requests for Taxonomic Dictionary extensions or enhancements per year